We have been there before. We know what it takes. This is not about just going to The Olympics. We already have enough T-shirts.
Is the Men's 470 class one of the hardest to win at Rio 2016? Yes. Can we do it?
What We've Achieved As a team
- US Sailing rolex Yachtsman of the Year Finalist, 2005, 2014
- 470 European Championships Gold Medalists
- 470 US National Championship Gold Medalists
- 470 South American Championships Silver Medalists
- ISAF Sailing World Cup Final Bronze Medalists
- ISAF Sailing World Cup Miami Gold and Bronze Medalists
- ISAF Sailing World Cup Weymouth Gold Medalists
- Copa de Brazil Silver Medalists
- We've been to the 470 World Championships twice this Olympic quadrennium and finished top-6 both times.
- Our 5th at the 2014 Worlds was the best finish by Americans in this class since 2000
- US Sailing Team Sperry "Best Team Performance Award," 2013, 2014
- Key West Race Week Champions (Melges 24 Class)
McNay/Hughes is part of the US Sailing Team Sperry, the United States national team, which encompasses athletes competing in all ten Olympic sailing classes, and three Paralympic classes.